Friday, August 11, 2023

New photo of my granny, Daisy Lee Shields

Have you inherited a framed photo and not taken the time to take is apart to see if other photos are stored behind the one that is visible? If so, you might want to look. My sister-in-law recently called to tell me how that very thing happened to her and my brother. When my siblings and I were clearing my mother’s house out after she passed, my sister-in-law kept a framed photo of her daughter, took it home, and set it aside. Over a year later, she took the frame apart and discovered five or six other photos as well as a newspaper article related to my maternal grandfather. One of the photos happened to be the photo below of my maternal grandmother, Daisy Lee Shields—one I had never seen before. I have many photos of my granny, but this one is the best. A distant cousin who knew granny once commented that she thought of herself as a glamour queen. Perhaps at this stage in her life, she was right.  

No comments:

Post a Comment