Monday, September 5, 2011

Bairdstown Cemetery

My genealogical research started in Bairdstown, Georgia so that's where I'll start this blog. I'm not sure if this cemetery is called Bairdstown or Bairds Baptist Church Cemetery. I've heard it called both but I do remember walking through it as a young girl and my Daddy telling me we're related to most of the people buried there. Once I seriously started researching my family, I decided I'd do my best to connect everyone together. I haven't completed that mission yet but I have been able to connect many of them directly to my family. And it's been fun.

The cemetery is well kept.




The church is a beautiful small wooden building and is within walking distance from the cemetery. I remember going to homecomings there as a child.

1 comment:

  1. I am family Armstrong, cheney, Wilson, irby, and more. I'm old and have never blogged. Email me at WilsonElder65@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete