Friday, August 21, 2020

Military marker and certificate

This coming Monday marks one year since my Daddy passed away so I thought it an appropriate time to post a photo of the military marker recently placed at his grave. I live over 600 miles from Bairdstown Cemetery in Bairdstown, Georgia so haven’t been back since his funeral but thanks to a kind volunteer from Find A Grave, have this photo of the stone. I’m thankful for the volunteers that support the genealogy community.



When I submitted the marker application to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, I also requested copies of the Presidential Memorial Certificate below for myself and my siblings.



Click on the links below if you’d like to learn what little I know about Daddy’s naval career.

Boot camp graduation, Company 1845, U.S. Navy

Samuel Terrell Lankford, a U.S. Navy Veteran

No comments:

Post a Comment