Friday, December 17, 2021

Randall family Christmas dinner

This Christmas dinner photo was most likely taken in the early 1950s in Nutter Fort, West Virginia. It includes the Wilfred J. Randall family, his mother Harriett Randall, sister Charlotte, and cousin Jean. 

The menu that day included sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, lettuce with what looks like red and green congealed salads, pickles, pearl onions, and sliced white bread. I see one dish but I'm not able to tell what's in it. What I don't see is a meat, but I'm sure there was a ham or turkey on the menu that day. They ate off the good china and dressed up for the occasion. And I love the Santa candle holder.

The man behind the camera was Ralph Murphy, my husband's uncle. This photo is part of  the slide collection given to my husband by his Aunt Jean Murphy. To see more from the collection, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment