Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Genealogy Goals for 2015

For the first time ever, I’m setting goals for the upcoming year – genealogy goals that is. My hope is that by writing them down I’ll feel compelled to spend time in 2015 actually working on these goals. Most have been in the back of my mind for a while. I have many goals so have decided to start with just five. In no particular order, my genealogy goals for 2015 are:
  1. Finish the 52 Ancestors challenge issued by Amy Johnson Crow on January 3, 2014. I didn’t start the challenge until September 21, 2014 so I have a lot of catching up to do. 15 blog entries done, 37 to go.
  2. Start documenting our family treasures to include a photo and short history of each item.
  3. Scan 2 boxes of the 10 to 12 boxes of slides given to my husband by his aunt in 2012. Each box contains approximately 200 slides so it’s more work than it sounds. I managed to get through 5 boxes in 2012 but the process was interrupted when we remodeled our house and everything we owned went into storage for close to a year. The boxes haven’t been touched since then.
  4. Load the new Family Tree Maker software I bought for myself, I mean my husband gave me for Christmas. It’s been years since I upgraded my software so this means I need to spend time checking out the new features.
  5. Update my five Lankford surname notebooks. I’ve done a lot of research on my Lankford lines since I first put the notebooks together. I’m sure most of the family group sheets are out of date.
Let’s give it a shot and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment