Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Ellis West gives Lucy to sister Elizabeth Clements

This post is part of an ongoing project to record names of enslaved people of Greene County, Georgia I find in historical records. 

State of Georgia, Greene County. 

Know all men by these presents that I, Ellis West, of the state and county above mentioned, for the natural affection, love and goodwill which I have unto my sister, Elizabeth Clements, have had unto her one negro girl named Lucy, for the sole benefit and use of said Elizabeth Clements so long as she liveth and at her death the said negro girl with her increase to be apportioned to the children of said Elizabeth Clements. 

Given under my hand this 20th of August 1799.
Ellis West
Test

J. Clower
Wm. Browning, J.P.

Recorded the 11 June 1800.
Thomas Carleton

Reference

Greene County, Deeds 1785–1792, 1793–1802, image 884; www.familysearch.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment