Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Frank, runaway slave of William Rowland

This post is part of an ongoing project to record names of enslaved people of Greene County, Georgia I find in historical records.

Planters’ Weekly, Greenesboro, Georgia, March 21, 1860

$50 REWARD.

Ran away from my plantation on the 22d of July last, my Negro man FRANK.

He is about 35 or 36 years old, of dark complexion, about six feet high, and weighs about 180 pounds or more. He is thought to be ranging between Greenesboro and Lawrences’ Mill on the Oconee River. I will give the above reward to any one who will lodge him in the Greene County Jail or deliver him to me.

WM. ROWLAND Sa.

March 14th 1860 tf.

Reference

$50 Reward, Planters’ Weekly, Greenesboro, Georgia, March 21, 1860. 

No comments:

Post a Comment