Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Tab, Lavina, Jourdan, Betsy, and child sold to Nicholas Lewis

This post is part of an ongoing project to record names of enslaved people of Greene County, Georgia I find in historical records. 

Georgia, Greene County.

Know all men by these presents that, I, Thomas J. Moore, of the state and county aforesaid for and in consideration of the sum of fifteen hundred and two dollars to me in hand paid have bargained, sold, and delivered unto Nicholas Lewis the following negroes to wit: Tab, Lavina, Jourdan, Betsy, and Tab’s youngest child, and I do for myself and my heirs hereby warrant and forever defend the right and title in and to said negroes and their increase to the said Nicholas Lewis, his heirs and assigns forever against the claim and demand of myself and my heirs and against the claims and demand of all other persons whatsoever.

In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 11th September 1813.

Thomas J. Moore (seal)

Witness
Wm. G Grimes

Recorded 10th September 1814
John Bethune, Clk.

Reference

  • Greene County, Deeds 1810–1811, 1811–1815, 1816–1818, image 324; www.familysearch.org. 

No comments:

Post a Comment